Length of Assignment: Until March 31, 2014, with possibility of extension
Description of Project or Company/Organization:
Through our Health Service Support Contract with the Department of National Defence, Calian’s professionals work in partnership with military teams providing primary healthcare care to today’s Canadian Forces. Calian’s healthcare teams consist of more than 500 professionals providing services coast-to-coast at over 30 locations in Canada.
The Calian Advantage:
- The opportunity to work with the military population but never be deployed
- Generous allotment of time for booked appointments, giving you the opportunity to provide quality care
- Work within an environment where no one is left untreated
- Work Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm
For some military members returning home the psychological and social effects of operations may not become apparent for months or years. These effects could include substance abuse, PTSD, depression, anxiety, somatic complaints, relationship problems and family stress.
This unique opportunity will allow you to work in partnership with military healthcare providers promoting wellness & providing timely interventions that support and empower military members to achieve their highest level of functioning – both at work and at home.
- Providing individual and family treatment services and assessments, crises interventions and evaluating treatment.
- Providing case coordination
- Developing and facilitating educational activates and group interventions
- Leading or participating in development of new interventions and treatment approaches
- Developing and delivering outreach materials to bases and units
- Must be a graduate of a recognized University with a Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
- Must have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience providing a broad range of activities in an adult mental health care environment including: assessments and treatment for individuals, couples and families.
- Must hold a current membership certificate with the Alberta College of Social Workers